AboutEducator | Choreographer | Performer
Work With Me
@ Premiere Talent Agency
• Choreographer for music videos: Barron Sullivan, Zaki Ibrahim, Cory Lee, Brock Zanrosso (YTV), Chloe Charles, Tito Deville, Dirty Radio, Omar Khan, Warren Flandez
• Creative Director/Choreographer for Beauties of Asia Pageant, Miss Philippines Beauty Pageant, Toronto and Vancouver Fashion Week and 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics.
• Choreographer for Luminesque Dance Company.
• FUSE Vancouver Art Gallery
• Vancouver Pride
• 2013 Philippines Canadian Fashion Week – Jeff Rustia
• 2010-13 New York, Austria, New Zealand, Vancouver Queer Film Festival – The Heist
• 2010 Winter Olympics – Hudson Bay
• 2008 Juste Debout – Paris, France with House of Dangerkat
• Hornito’s Tequila – Reel Athlete Production
• 1993-99 – Folk Fest Victoria, B.C.
- SMALL STAGE 2020
- Just Us Tour 2021 with Della – Art Start
- Glitter and Soul 2021
- PUSH FESTIVAL 2020
- 2019 CNN Great Big Story – featuring House of La Douche
- Miss Joe Abunda Cabaret Philippines 2019
- Madonna, INXS, Cory Lee, Tonye Aganaba, Michael Buble, K-OS, La Roux, Nelly Furtado, Clear Mortifee, Warren Flandez, Omar Khan, Love & Electric, Amalia.
- Original Cast members of 2017 Pixel and 2016 Spectra’s Cabaret in Royal Caribbean Cruise Line.
- Award-winning stage musical for the Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival 2015, Prison Dancer – one of the lead characters.
- 2020 Emmy Award Winner – Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist 2020
- Jojo’s past films, television series and commercials including, Vodafone, Toyota, A&W, Heinz, Kraft, Legends of Tomorrow, Valley of the Boom, Julie and the Phantom, Aaliyah Bio Epic, Pacific Rim, RAGS, Dr. Doolittle 3, Reefer Madness, Lush, Campbell Soup, Citroen C4. Verizon, Bratz Dolls, Red Cross, The Next Step, The L-Word, Zoink’d, Catwoman, Eureka, and Caprica.
- 2011 Vancouver Night Life Award – Best Performance of the Year “House of La Douche”
- Wiggles – House of Venus – 560 Night Club
- Chutzpah Festival – Science Friction
- Nijinsky Jazz Club – Jeniffer Mascall Dance
- Bloom – Jeniffer Mascall Dance
- Home Werk – Martha Carter HOP
- 1998 – Philippines Variety Show – S.O.P. Sobrang Okay Pare
- 1994 – Commonwealth Games Victoria, B.C.
- 1993-99 – Folk Fest Victoria, B.C.
Choreographer Music Video
- Boss Bitch – Barron Sullivan
- Robot Radio – Tito Deville’s Band
- Perfect Storm – Brock Zanrosso
- Refrain on Fire – Chloe Charles
- A-L-L – Eric Zayne
- Sunloverz – Fire Ft. Rosette
- Cruel Intention – Cory Lee
- Nelly Furtado – UBC Orange County Fair
- Lil Kim – Fortune Sound Club
- Digable Planet – Commodore Ballroom
- La Roux – London Fashion Week
- Mos Def – Commodore Ballroom
- Old Money – New York
- Tonye Aganaba – Shadbolt Theatre
- Peaches – Toronto Pride
- Melle Fresh – Toronto Pride
- Hercules and Love Affair – Toronto Pride
- Warren Flandez – Orpheum Theatre
- Ndidi Cascade – Santa’s Parade
- So Much More – Clear Mortifee
- Bounce on It – Cory Lee
- Save The Last Dance – Michael Buble
- INXS Tour – INXS
- Madonna – Madonna/Hard Candy
- Zaki Ibrahim – Something in the Water
- Head Go Wild – Dirty Radio
- Red Apple – Illa Brown
- Pixel’s Cabaret – Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
- Spectra’s Cabaret – Royal Caribbean Cruise Line
- Colette Paris – Paris Fashion Week
- Vivenne Westwood/Addidas – London Fashion Week
- McDonald’s – Reel Athlete Production
- Eye Optical – Reel Athletes
- Parasuco – Rachel Wainwright
- Buffalo Jeans
- Mac Cosmetic
- Crystal Ball
- Vancouver Fashion Week – Aubrey Clayson Design Australia
- Vancouver Fashion Week – KILLA Design
- Niagara Outlet Collection – Bash Creatives Agency
- Philippines Canadian Fashion Week – Jeff Rustia
- 2010 Winter Olympics – Hudson Bay
- Hornito’s Tequila – Reel Athlete Production
- Taboo Sex Show – Canada Place
- Beauties of Asia Pageant – JCR Production
- PIDC Little Miss & Miss Philippines Pageant – JCR Production
In an effort to help strengthen community and inspire youth to realize their creativity Jojo has started several dance crews in Canada such as Over The Influence (Hip Hop), House of La Douche (Waacking and Vogue), Bucky TOP (Dancehall), Waacouture (Waacking) Disco Love Child (House and Waacking), and House of Dangerkat (Various Artists).
- JUST US – Tour 2021-22
- Portrait of my DNA – 2020-21 with House Of La Douche
- Premiere Talent Management – Actor, Dancer, Choreographer
- A&W commercial Summer 2020
- Small Stage Summer and Winter Series – Shadbolt Theatre 2020
In Jojo’s 30 years of teaching Dance, he focuses on sharing theory, history, modalities, fundamentals, vocabulary, forms, styles, competition coaching, and methods to help guide dancers to achieve their personal dance goals.
Jojo had been fortunate to have studied under and worked with some of the most renowned names in the business including Kelly Konno, Luther Brown, Martha Carter and Jennifer Mascall, as well as several Modern Dance Companies and Street dance pioneers like the Mop Top Crew, the Electric Boogaloos, Tyrone Proctor, Archie Burnett, Ana Sanchez and House of Xtravaganza. Jojo’s craft has given him the opportunity to travel and teach all over the globe, as far as Russia, India, Japan, China, South Korea, France, Spain, Amsterdam and the Middle East to represent and share my passion for dance art Additionally, he mounted his own FREE dance tutorial web series “Learn To Groove Dance” on Youtube in collaboration with ‘The Healthy Transformation’ to help and reach anyone who wants to get started in dance.
You can find him teaching locally in Vancouver:
- Luminesque Dance Company
- Baza Dance Studio
Jojo’s talent and extensive experience in different dance forms make learning so fun you don’t realize you’re also seamlessly acquiring new skills and techniques. His understanding of musicality is infectious and very inspiring. Jojo made me feel comfortable from the start and is an instructor you can grow with since he’s as equally patient and generous with his time and knowledge with beginners as he is with advanced dancers.
Learning from Jojo feels like a collaboration since he takes such a personal interest in your growth. I feel I’ve made strides in such a short period of time because his style of teaching makes dance always enjoyable for me – which is the key to becoming a better dancer.
I have known and been friends with Jojo Zolina going on ten years now and I have nothing but great and fond memories with him. When I was a full time competitive dancer at my dance studio we had Jojo in to sub a few different times. His knowledge and vocabulary when it comes to every different style of dance is extremely educational.
Not only has he mastered the art of dance but the history behind the choreography and moves that he teaches. That takes years and years of practice, patience, travel, and professional work to master it and that he has. Since then Jojo and I have worked together on many movies and tv shows here in Vancouver. One thing I really admire and respect him for is his consistent drive in life with all that he does. I wish him the best and I look forward to celebrating all his successes ahead.
Jojo Zolina doesn’t set a piece on his dancers, he shows you that YOU are the piece in his art. With Jojo I embarked on a journey of self-expression, acceptance and self-discovery. In my opinion, when you are in the room with Jojo, you are getting far more than just a dance class.
NWSS students LOVE Jojo!! My name is Megan Alandi and I’m one of the dance teachers at New Westminster Secondary. Each semester we invite a teacher from the community to share their passion with our students and last year we were honoured to have Jojo.
Not only was he extremely professional and reliable, he inspired the 120 students he taught throughout the day by teaching foundation within a few of the many Urban Dance styles that he has mastered in his career. What I appreciated most about Jojo was that he had the unique ability to enter a room, quickly analyze the class, and adapt his teaching to meet the needs of our incredibly diverse group of dancers. Every student felt success that day. We cannot wait until we have Jojo back again!
Jojo is the REAL DEAL! He is truly a vibrant and expressive dancer. He also happens to be one of the most compassionate and caring teachers/choreographers out there. He truly believes in the art form, technique, and respects freedom as well as attention to detail within movement. To me, that show’s a true professional both as a performer and instructor. His positive energy is infectious! Jojo’s a 10/10!
I remember my first class with Jojo better than many others I have taken in my life. He did not wait for class to end to give me personal feedback, he made me feel welcome but also had no problem proposing I challenge myself more, starting that day, that hour. Jojo has been a pillar of the Canadian dance scene and is an inspiration to the green performer and veteran dancer alike. He believes in the accessibility of dance art, the importance of intersectionality and cultural understanding. With unadulterated expression, Jojo is teaching lessons we all need to be learning.
As the overall father of our House of La Douche, Jojo has passed on a legacy that he has been building for his community for decades. There is an understanding when you dance for or with Jojo that you are actively standing up for your rights as a dancer and performer; and most importantly, that you are executing your talent without ego and with massive amounts of love and motivation to propel Vancouver dance into the international spotlight.
Jojo truly is a pioneer of the Vancouver dance community; our scene would not be where we are today if it wasn’t for him. I’ve had the pleasure of working with Jojo before and I can attest to his immense vocabulary in dance, his astounding creativity, and professionalism. Jojo has been instrumental in my growth and development as a choreographer and I’ll always be grateful for him and his work.